Mr. Drake's Class
Updated for the week of December 17-21, 2018
7th Grade Math: The 7th graders will be working with similarities and ratios this week. We will be investigating similar parallelograms and triangles. We will also be creating mathematical holiday tesselations this week in the spirit of the season.
6th Math: The 6th graders completed an analysis of perimeters of quadrilaterals with a fixed area on Friday. Today we flipped it around gave them a fixed perimeter and they explored dimensions that would yield the least and greatest areas and capped it off by graphing and interpreting the data. Wednesday we will have a quiz on the first investigation of our geometry unit and conclude the week with creating some holiday tesselations.
7th and 8th Grade Science: The 7th and 8th will be taking their final assessment of our plants unit tomorrow. The rest of the week we will be devoted to completing their Ancient Trees Pecha Kucha which are due on Friday.
6th Grade Science: The 6th graders are presenting their Biomes Pecha Kuchas tomorrow after working extremely hard on them for the pat two weeks. We will be spending the rest of the week introducing the final leg of environmental science unit on living resources.
Events: There's a fair amount of events this week so hold on and enjoy the ride:
- Today - Boys 7/8th Grade Rural Schools Basketball Tournament at Heritage Christian
- Tuesday - Food Bank Field Trip in the afternoon
- Wednesday - Holiday Performance Rehearsal in the morning at MEA Chapel...please drop off students at the gym/chapel for arrival. Dessert Auction and Holiday Performance beginning at 6:30 pm
- Thursday - Santa's Workshop
- Friday - afternoon Caroling, Holiday book reading, and skating party!!!